• informal • derogatory
noun (plural commies)
- A communist.More example sentences
- It's now 13 years since the Commies got booted out, and free enterprise is booming.
- I don't support censorship or rooting out the Commies, but I do think it means that mainstream organizers and people of conscience have to take a more active leadership role.
- ‘Only Commies used words like peace and freedom,’ he later recalled.
adjectiveBack to top
- Communist.More example sentences
- For fifty years, Poland was under Nazi, then Stalinist, then various other forms of Commie domination.
- Number one is Cuba, the perfect destination if you love those ‘faded Commie icons,‘as the magazine put it.
- Why are you going to show us that Commie movie?
More definitions of commieDefinition of commie in:
- The British & World English dictionary