- 1Sympathy and sorrow for the misfortunes of others; compassion: the other actors offered him clumsy commiserationMore example sentences
- He simply didn't wish to degrade either of their sensibilities with points of commiseration.
- This time, Billy Stone came prepared with more than words of commiseration.
- On Wednesday, an embarrassed American student came in search of commiseration.
- 2 (commiserations) Expressions of sympathy and sorrow for another: our commiserations to those who didn’t winMore example sentences
- To the tens of millions who voted for John Kerry, my commiserations.
- I'm raising a glass for you, whether for celebrations or commiserations.
- Offering their hands, their congratulations were merely my commiserations.