- A noun denoting a class of objects or a concept as opposed to a particular individual. Often contrasted with proper noun.More example sentences
- Making a common noun plural usually means adding an s or changing the ending of the original word.
- It is a common mistake to capitalise a common noun that is an important word in a sentence.
- One project in the Centre focused on how children distinguish between proper names and common nouns.
More definitions of common nounDefinition of common noun in:
- The British & World English dictionary