noun(also common stocks)
- North American Shares entitling their holder to dividends that vary in amount and may even be missed, depending on the fortunes of the company: the company announced a public offering of 3.5 million shares of common stock Compare with preferred stock.More example sentences
- In the first half of fiscal 2001, they spent $61 million to buy shares of common stock via the company's employee stock-purchase plan.
- A share of common stock is ownership in a company.
- Employee options are ordinarily given on common stock.
More definitions of common stockDefinition of common stock in:
- The British & World English dictionary