Definition of communicable in English:
1Able to be communicated to others: the value of the product must be communicable to the potential consumers
More example sentences
- Of course, I'm not sure how communicable his skills are.
- Contributions made to the record of each patient by various health care professionals should be communicable to all other professionals involved in the patient's care process.
- This understanding should be communicable to others, at least in the form of examples, and possibly (preferably) in the form of some general theory of software quality.
1.1(Of a disease) able to be transmitted from one sufferer to another; contagious or infectious.
- In addition to paediatrics and infectious and communicable diseases, he long fostered an interest in environmental hazards, such as air pollution.
- This is why they are called infectious or communicable diseases.
- It requires donor screening and testing to prevent the transmission of communicable diseases.
- Example sentences
- He presumed that if there is to be development, there must be better communicability.
- In not a single case has human-to-human communicability been confirmed.
- But there has been, as I perceive it, a profound loss of faith in contemporary music's communicability to a wider audience, and to be honest I think a fair number of composers nowadays don't really care.
- Example sentences
- The receiver is communicably connected to the server and capable of sending a signal.
- Significant issues will include ER visits, hospitalization, and illnesses that are communicably contagious.
- In the early 1920's American citizens were being plagued by diphtheria, a highly communicably disease that was more often than not fatal at the time.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan