(also communications theory)
- The branch of knowledge dealing with the principles and methods by which information is conveyed.More example sentences
- He responded, ‘Yes, that's right, it's got a lot to do with social science, behavioural science, communication theory and market research.’
- Summarizing his findings, he stresses that mathematical and cognitive models from communication theory have neglected the more affective aspects of narrative.
- He then went on to teach communication theory at Macquarie University and the London College of Printing.
More definitions of communication theoryDefinition of communication theory in:
- The British & World English dictionary