- 1Voluntary work intended to help people in a particular area.More example sentences
- Dozens of people I know are involved in voluntary community service in one way or another, and seek no reward, nor even expenses.
- The community service award is for people or organisations who have helped to improve the quality of life for people in this town.
- Many are people nominated for their work in education, health, local sport and the area of community service.
- 1.1 Law Unpaid work, intended to be of social use, that an offender is required to do instead of going to prison: sentenced to 600 hours of community serviceMore example sentences
- She was ordered to do community service for 100 hours and to pay £250 costs.
- Offenders on community service orders should be brought in to assist the clean-up.
- He's been sentenced to 120 hours of community service and been ordered to pay court costs.
More definitions of community serviceDefinition of community service in:
- The British & World English dictionary