(also compact disk
, abbreviation: CD)
- A small plastic disc on which music or other digital information is stored, and from which the information can be read using reflected laser light. See also CD-ROM.More example sentences
- In the case of an audio compact disk, the sampling is done 44,100 times a second.
- A new compact disk featuring some great traditional entertainers was recently launched.
- The floppy disk has several replacements, including writeable compact discs and keychain flash memory devices.
More definitions of compact discDefinition of compact disc in:
- The British & World English dictionary