- Reduce the signal-to-noise ratio of (a signal) using a compander.More example sentences
- The patch diagrammed in Figure 9.8 shows one very useful application of companding, called a noise gate.
- The Compander software compander compands without changing the pitch or natural warmth of the audio.
- E.D.R. compands the audio program for better signal to noise ratios and improved dynamic range.
1950s: back-formation from compander.
More definitions of compandDefinition of compand in:
- The British & World English dictionary