- A set of steps leading from a ship’s deck down to a cabin or lower deck.More example sentences
- To minimize maintenance, the only wood used in the entire boat is the tiller and the only opening to the area below deck is the companionway.
- The master stateroom is aft and can be reached either from the main saloon or a companionway off the aft deck.
- I made one more trip forward, through the big main cabin, and climbed up the steps of the forward companionway.
More definitions of companionwayDefinition of companionway in:
- The British & World English dictionary