Definition of comparator in English:
1A device for comparing a measurable property or thing with a reference or standard.
- The spacing of the 1,0 reflections was measured with a comparator.
- Using the OAL gauge with the test bullet in place, simply insert the bullet into the comparator and measure the distance from the base of the cartridge.
- With the comparator, you can then measure the overall length with that bullet.
1.1An electronic circuit for comparing two electrical signals.
- It is no better or worse a comparator than the electricity authority.
- In addition, the analog-to-digital converter includes a state machine operable to receive outputs from the comparators and generate a digital output value.
- The latching comparator detects any incoming signal that is above the stored negative voltage reference.
1.2Something used as a standard for comparison.
- First, in relation to identifying the appropriate comparators, it could argue that the standard could be fixed by looking at a less prestigious hospital.
- The last two comparators are not comparators in our view because these people are simply not living in a care home, either because they have been moved or because they have never lived in one.
- But, especially where the identity of the relevant comparator is a matter of dispute, this sequential analysis may give rise to needless problems.
Definition of comparator in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan