1A device for comparing a measurable property or thing with a reference or standard.
- The spacing of the 1,0 reflections was measured with a comparator.
- Using the OAL gauge with the test bullet in place, simply insert the bullet into the comparator and measure the distance from the base of the cartridge.
- With the comparator, you can then measure the overall length with that bullet.
1.1An electronic circuit for comparing two electrical signals.
- It is no better or worse a comparator than the electricity authority.
- In addition, the analog-to-digital converter includes a state machine operable to receive outputs from the comparators and generate a digital output value.
- The latching comparator detects any incoming signal that is above the stored negative voltage reference.
1.2Something used as a standard for comparison.
- First, in relation to identifying the appropriate comparators, it could argue that the standard could be fixed by looking at a less prestigious hospital.
- The last two comparators are not comparators in our view because these people are simply not living in a care home, either because they have been moved or because they have never lived in one.
- But, especially where the identity of the relevant comparator is a matter of dispute, this sequential analysis may give rise to needless problems.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of comparator in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.