Definition of competitor in English:
1An organization or country that is engaged in commercial or economic competition with others: our main industrial competitors
More example sentences
- ITV has one distinct selling point over most of its competitors in the commercial sector.
- Patents are often used by big companies to force competitors out of the market.
- A company could be right in the middle of its launch campaign when a competitor releases a rival product.
1.1A person who takes part in an athletic contest.
- It goes without saying that, for a golf event to be contested fairly, every competitor must play off the same tees.
- Competition rules state that competitors must be 15 or over because of the nature of the water.
- He said there was plenty of interest from competitors keen to participate in the games.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia