- Any of a range of medical therapies that fall beyond the scope of scientific medicine but may be used alongside it in the treatment of disease and ill health. Examples include acupuncture and osteopathy. See also alternative medicine.More example sentences
- Examples of complementary medicine are acupuncture, herbal medicine, massage therapy, and healing touch.
- The future would appear to be the provision of Integrated Healthcare combining the respective attributes of complementary medicine and conventional medicine.
- These include cover for complementary medicine and health screening, with heart bypasses and full cancer cover available on all our schemes, including the least expensive.
More definitions of complementary medicineDefinition of complementary medicine in:
- The British & World English dictionary