- The internal combustion engine is an integral component of a vehicle and one that baffles many people.
- It works because this record has a soul which welds its soiled components into a perfect whole.
- If any one of these components fail, the whole system fails, certainly in an agricultural context.
- Suppose that the vertical component of the force on the ground is constant and equal to amg.
- Harriot resolved the forces acting on the projectile into horizontal and vertical components.
- This in turn, because of the layout of the drive, would have imparted an upward component to the force of the car on the gate.
- But whenever you analyse performance in sport, you will find a whole heap of component parts.
- The Russian entrepreneurs constitute a component part of the world capitalist elite.
- The walls consist of component paintings arranged in a grid pattern that forms a whole.
Mid 17th century: from Latin component- 'putting together', from the verb componere, from com- 'together' + ponere 'put'. Compare with compound1.
Words that rhyme with componentdeponent, exponent, opponent, proponent
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.