- The analysis of the meaning of an expression into discrete semantic components.More example sentences
- Thus, in transformational-generative grammar, the semantic component is entirely stated in terms of sense or semantic components, as described above in terms of componential analysis.
- A third goal of the present study is to apply a componential analysis separating these two factors.
- The second section presents two examples of componential analysis involving the family kinship system and color.
More definitions of componential analysisDefinition of componential analysis in:
- The British & World English dictionary