- A leaf of a plant consisting of several or many distinct parts (leaflets) joined to a single stem.More example sentences
- Remember, however, that the frond is just a compound leaf and not a stem.
- Because the Sesbania species have pinnately compound leaves, for defoliation the central rachis of the leaf was cut once halfway along its length.
- Given the large number of leaflets which make up the compound leaf of A. spinosa, it is difficult to understand why White's numbers are so low.
More definitions of compound leafDefinition of compound leaf in:
- The British & World English dictionary