- 1An instrument or device for compressing something.More example sentences
- And I'm sure my compressor will lock up with sludge soon.
- Your order for 1200 Genome Intensity Emitter vents and 1500 DNA compressors have been received and are being manufactured.
- There is a little bit of outboard EQ and very few compressors in the monitor system.
- 1.1A machine used to supply air or other gas at increased pressure, e.g., to power a gas turbine.More example sentences
- Use the on-board air compressor to blast the dirt out of the cockpit.
- You could use an air compressor with a spray attachment or the traditional brush method.
- The cooler includes a variable displacement compressor for compressing refrigerant gas.
- 1.2An electrical amplifier that reduces the dynamic range of a signal.More example sentences
- Keep in mind that what a compressor does is reduce the dynamic range of your recording - it makes the loudest parts quieter, and the quieter parts louder.
- Kennedy and Earle also favored a Beatles-esque technique on some of their drum tracks, using Universal Audio 1176 compressors to emulate the sound the '60s group achieved with Fairchild limiters.
- For dynamics, Wadi relies on dbx 160X and 900 compressors.
More definitions of compressorDefinition of compressor in:
- The British & World English dictionary