noun[treated as singular]
- The branch of linguistics in which the techniques of computer science are applied to the analysis and synthesis of language and speech.More example sentences
- Most projects these days with that sort of staff profile - computer science, mathematics, computational linguistics - tend to frame their goals in a less psychological terms.
- What is notable about these advances in advertising and retailing software, though, is that the symbolic computational linguistics of the 1980s has contributed nothing to them.
- It's really very funny, at least for those who are familiar with recent work in computational linguistics and machine learning.
More definitions of computational linguisticsDefinition of computational linguistics in:
- The British & World English dictionary