Definition of concavity in English:
noun (plural concavities)
1The state or quality of being concave.
- ‘Lower’ refers to the side of the test to which the neck curves; Figure 7 provides an example of how length, width, concavity and curvature are measured.
- Scanning electron micrographs of the discs of the tube feet of Odontaster validus revealed varying degrees of concavity.
- It only reflects the consequence of an empirical fact, the degree of concavity of individual utility functions.
1.1A concave surface or thing.
- Varied in circumference and width but uniform in texture, the smooth surfaces of the concavities contrast with the gritty exteriors, which, for the most part, are left untouched.
- The light from above distorts in the concavities formed at the points on which the strider rests.
- The shape of Taormina is a geometry of interlocking and contrapuntal curves and concavities with various centres and focal points.
Words that rhyme with concavitycavity, depravity, gravity
Definition of concavity in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan