(also concours d'élégance /dālāˈgäNs/)
noun (plural same)
- An exhibition or contest, especially a parade of vintage or classic motor vehicles in which prizes are awarded for those in the best original condition.More example sentences
- A number of the ever-popular MGBs will come under the hammer, including a concours 1973 Roadster (estimate: £7,500 - £8,500) and a 1974 ‘chrome bumper’
- But unless you are in high school, or at a tailgate party before a football game, or at a classic car concours d' elegance, parking lots are not the kind of place you want to hang around.
- And what sort of landowner would refuse to play host to a concours d' élégance at which owners of magnificent chariots - Lagondas, Delages, Rolls-Royces - could admire each other's turnout?
mid 20th century: French, literally 'contest (of elegance)'.
More definitions of concoursDefinition of concours in:
- The British & World English dictionary