- 1A substance or appliance used to improve or maintain something’s condition: add a water conditioner to neutralize chlorineMore example sentences
- Use bonfire ash as a conditioner for heavy soil; it adds potash to help fruit and flowers.
- When you combine the corn syrup with a water conditioner or surfactant system, you get synergies that help in the movement and performance of the product.
- We get bromine from pesticides, dough conditioners, and from disinfectants for water in hot tubs and commercial spas.
- 1.1A liquid applied to the hair after shampooing to improve its condition: conditioner will protect your hair from damageMore example sentences
- Combine 8-ounce shampoos and conditioners, mousse and hairspray.
- Instead, use shampoos, conditioners and hairsprays specially formulated for synthetic wigs.
- Use shampoos and conditioners formulated for color-treated hair to prevent fading.
More definitions of conditionerDefinition of conditioner in:
- The British & World English dictionary