- An expression of sympathy, especially on the occasion of a death: we offer our sincere condolences to his widow letters of condolenceMore example sentences
- All of us here express our sincere condolences to Roger's wife, family and friends.
- The Garrafrauns group offers their condolences to his relations and wide circle of friends.
- We wish to express our sincere condolences to all in our community who were bereaved during the year.
early 17th century: from condole, influenced by French condoléance.
More definitions of condolenceDefinition of condolence in:
- The British & World English dictionary