noun (plural condylomas or condylomata /-mətə/)Medicine
A raised growth on the skin resembling a wart, typically in the genital region, caused by viral infection or syphilis and transmissible by contact.
More example sentences
- The finding of genital warts or condylomata acuminata in a child older than two years who gives no history of sexual contact is listed in my revised classification scale as indicating ‘possible’ abuse.
- Genital warts, also known as condylomata acuminata or venereal warts, are one of the most common types of sexually transmitted diseases.
- They cause localized hyperproliferations manifested most commonly as skin warts or as mucosal condylomata.
late Middle English: via Latin from Greek kondulōma 'callous lump', from kondulos 'knuckle'.
- More example sentences
- She had a history of condylomatous atypia on Papanicolaou test, which was confirmed by cervical biopsy.
- Extensive condylomatous or in situ lesions are amenable to treatment with wide local excision or laser therapy.
- By the end of two weeks all the condylomatous growth had disappeared.
Definition of condyloma in:
- The British & World English dictionary