Definition of coned in English:
- It was like a spiked metal rod, a sort of spear, except the spike was in a coned shape.
- The kampongs stand out for their traditional architecture, known as Tikal, where the houses have coned roofs similar to kuncungan houses in other parts of East and Central Java.
- Echinacea purpurea has large brown coned daisy like flowers from July to September or October and grows from 90 cm to 1.5cm with rough green leaves.
1.1Having cones: [in combination]: the big-coned southern California pine
More example sentences
- The oldest living trees are bristle-coned pines; some are still growing and more than 5000 years old.
- The commission has also produced guidelines for the management of coniferous woodlands which encourage the planting of large coned coniferous trees.
- We also grow a range of perennials with daisy type flowers such as Rudbeckia with its black coned, golden daisies, Leucanthemum in several forms and Erigeron (fleabane).
Definition of coned in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan