- A North American plant of the daisy family that has flowers with conelike disks that appear to consist of soft spines.
More example sentences
- Rudbeckia, Echinacea, and other genera, family Compositae: numerous species, including the yellow-flowered sweet coneflower (R. subtomentosa), the purple coneflower (E. purpurea) with swept-back reddish-purple petals, and the tall green-headed coneflower (R. laciniata) with yellow petals and greenish disks
- The beds burst at the seams with summer phlox, Shasta daisies, coneflowers, and 75 varieties of daylilies.
- Common examples of perennial flowers are purple coneflower, lance-leaf coreopsis, dame's rocket and daisy.
- Plant coneflower in a sunny location that has well-drained, fertile soil.
More definitions of coneflowerDefinition of coneflower in:
- The British & World English dictionary