Definition of coneflower in English:
A North American plant of the daisy family that has flowers with conelike disks that appear to consist of soft spines.
- Rudbeckia, Echinacea, and other genera, family Compositae: numerous species, including the yellow-flowered sweet coneflower (R. subtomentosa), the purple coneflower (E. purpurea) with swept-back reddish-purple petals, and the tall green-headed coneflower (R. laciniata) with yellow petals and greenish disks
- The beds burst at the seams with summer phlox, Shasta daisies, coneflowers, and 75 varieties of daylilies.
- Common examples of perennial flowers are purple coneflower, lance-leaf coreopsis, dame's rocket and daisy.
- Plant coneflower in a sunny location that has well-drained, fertile soil.
Definition of coneflower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan