noun (plural confectioneries)
1Candy and other sweets considered collectively.
- These are eaten locally, either as dessert nuts or in chocolate and confectionery.
- For instance, the makers of chocolate confectionery compete heavily in advertising but their prices remain remarkably similar.
- The UK, meanwhile, is the second highest consumer of chocolate confectionery in Europe, beaten only by Switzerland.
1.1A shop that sells candy and other sweets.
- Casino guests can also experience about two dozen restaurants, pubs, confectioneries and other shops in the Greektown neighborhood and nearby Harmonie Park.
- There're three confectioneries / coffee shops in Fordsburg that will get your mouth watering the moment you walk in.
- Take a trip to the western edge of the city, to Fordsburg, and try the eastern delights offered by several confectioneries.
Words that rhyme with confectioneryinsurrectionary, lectionary
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.