- Duck or other meat cooked slowly in its own fat.More example sentences
- There was a freebie starter of baby spring roll stuffed with duck confit and deep-fried fillet of monkfish.
- His perfect duck confit has skin that crackles more loudly than if you scrunched the original Declaration of Independence.
- It is also the principle underlying English potting and the French method of making confit of goose or duck, in which the meat is cooked and stored in copious amounts of melted fat.
French, 'conserved', from confire 'prepare'.
More definitions of confitDefinition of confit in:
- The British & World English dictionary