- Flowing together or merging: warm confluent smellsMore example sentences
- We attempted to mimic a more biological situation by studying cells embedded in confluent monolayers which are grown on collagen or microcellulose-coated glass coverslips.
- For irradiation, cells were cultured in Petri dishes and synchronized by contact inhibition in confluent cultures.
- Honeycomb cysts and areas of confluent fibrosis may be present.
late 15th century: from Latin confluent- 'flowing together', from confluere, from con- 'together' + fluere 'to flow'.
More definitions of confluentDefinition of confluent in:
- The British & World English dictionary