Definition of Confucianism in English:
A system of philosophical and ethical teachings founded by Confucius and developed by Mencius.
- So I looked at all Eastern philosophies, Taoism, Confucianism, Buddhism, and I found that Buddhism has a very strong element of that.
- Confucianism blamed Taoist philosophy of escapism, while Taoism responded by deeming Confucianism as escapist from one's true nature.
- And that's the fundamental teaching of Confucianism, and that as I say, has had a very strong influence in Korea.
- Confucianistnoun& adjective
- Example sentences
- Some Confucianists asserted that Confucianism was anti-mercantile.
- There are small numbers of animists, Confucianists, Taoists, Mahayana Buddhists, and Hindus.
- It is a well-known fact that Confucianism is still highly respected in South Korea, Confucianist values still play a large role in the daily life of South Koreans.
Definition of Confucianism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.