(also conger eel)
Definition of conger in English:
A large edible predatory eel of shallow coastal waters.
- Conger and other genera, family Congridae: several species, in particular the European C. conger and the American C. oceanicus
- Huge conger, pollack, ling, cod and coalfish were regularly pulled up the steps to the old Angling Centre and weighed in front of big crowds of onlookers.
- Like the freshwater eel, congers undergo considerable morphological changes prior to spawning.
- Alex posed in the darkest corner and I was shooting off a few frames when we noticed a huge conger eel looking at us with the short-sighted expression that congers are endowed with.
Words that rhyme with congerconga, donga, Rarotonga
Definition of conger in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan