- 1Of or relating to a congregation: congregational singingMore example sentences
- A licensing program can help congregations enrich parts of worship in addition to congregational hymn singing.
- It needs to be up to date, changing as schedules and programs, church seasons and congregational opportunities change.
- This does not call for a rush of congregational activity by which Churches busy themselves in social matters which are not properly their business.
- 2 (Congregational) Of or adhering to Congregationalism: the Congregational ChurchMore example sentences
- The Uniting Church, which represents former Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational denominations in Australia, has apologised unreservedly to children who suffered neglect and abuse in its institutions over the past century.
- Three Australian churches - the Methodist, Congregational and Presbyterian - came together to form the Uniting Church.
- The World Alliance of Reformed Churches consists of Congregational, Presbyterian, Reformed, and United churches.
More definitions of congregationalDefinition of congregational in:
- The British & World English dictionary