- Based on or involving conjecture: much of the racial history of Madagascar remains conjecturalMore example sentences
- My point is why make the claim for a developed canon in the first place, especially when it is based on conjectural attributions and dates.
- It is their reliance on conjectural statements based on outward similarities that mars the book as a whole.
- Everything else - that is, the actual character of the external world and of our relationship to it - must remain conjectural or hypothetical, though some hypotheses are better than others.
- More example sentences
- In the various models postulated so far, this feature was set conjecturally to either of the possibilities.
- As an architect he is only conjecturally associated with country houses.
- Many of the following drawings show the buildings conjecturally restored to their presumed original state, and should in no case be taken as a precise record of present appearance.
mid 16th century: via French from Latin conjecturalis, from conjectura 'inference' (see conjecture).