Definition of conjectural in English:
Based on or involving conjecture: much of the racial history of Madagascar remains conjectural
More example sentences
- My point is why make the claim for a developed canon in the first place, especially when it is based on conjectural attributions and dates.
- It is their reliance on conjectural statements based on outward similarities that mars the book as a whole.
- Everything else - that is, the actual character of the external world and of our relationship to it - must remain conjectural or hypothetical, though some hypotheses are better than others.
- Example sentences
- In the various models postulated so far, this feature was set conjecturally to either of the possibilities.
- As an architect he is only conjecturally associated with country houses.
- Many of the following drawings show the buildings conjecturally restored to their presumed original state, and should in no case be taken as a precise record of present appearance.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.