Definition of conjugated in English:
1 another term for conjugate, in particular.
- Plus it drives me insane that they don't use drill and repetition in class to memorize conjugated verbs.
- At this point, students are ready to expand their list of conjugated verbs to include those that have not yet been discussed in class.
- The list of conjugated verbs in this book is not to be taken as a concordance of the attested verb forms of Old Irish.
1.1 Chemistry Relating to or denoting double or triple bonds in a molecule that are separated by a single bond, across which some sharing of electrons occurs.
- The conjugated double bonds of this structure allow the chlorophyll molecule to absorb energy from sunlight.
- In molecules with conjugated bonds, saturated bonds (carbon atoms with four attached atoms) alternate with unsaturated bonds (carbon atoms with less then four attached atoms.)
- Fading occurs when any chemical process breaks the sequence of conjugated double bonds constituting the chromophore - the dye moiety that imparts colour.
1.2(Of a substance) reversibly combined with another: conjugated bile salts
More example sentences
- This increase occurred with both conjugated chemicals and unconjugated chemicals.
- If the conjugated antibody binds to surface proteins on healthy cells, those cells are doomed, as the conjugate will be internalized and digested in the normal fashion.
- Grass-fed burgers are high in conjugated linoleic acids, or CLA.
Definition of conjugated in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.