1A thing that links two or more things together: a pipe connector
More example sentences
- The building is conceived as part of a shifting network of people and events from the nearby light rail station to the mix of new programs and forms, all linked together by multiple connectors.
- Connect the gutter sections together using the connectors.
- We believe there is a benefit to being able to put two snap connectors together rather than having to carry tools to hook up tiny hydraulic lines.
1.1A device for keeping two parts of an electric circuit in contact.
- He also noted that nanotubes may be used as replacements for conventional electrical connectors made of metal wires in ever smaller integrated circuits.
- Voltage measurement circuitry couples to the first and second electrical connectors and responsively provides a voltage output related to voltage across the battery.
- Any problems with the coaxial cable, connectors, jumpers, or the antenna will show up as an abnormality on the display.
1.2A short road or highway that connects two longer roads or highways.
- A steep and rocky jeep road connector on the T-day ride confirmed there is no real off-road action for me for a while, even if I want to disobey the doctors orders.
- So the Oak Street Project moved out some 3,000 people and brought in a highway connector so that commuters could drive straight from the new Connecticut Turnpike into downtown.
- What's left is a series of short asphalt connectors, fenced-in streambeds, weedy concrete medians, and parking lots.
Words that rhyme with connectorbisector, collector, convector, corrector, defector, deflector, detector, director, ejector, elector, erector, hector, injector, inspector, nectar, objector, perfecter, projector, prospector, protector, rector, reflector, rejector, respecter, sector, selector, Spector, spectre (US specter), vector
Definition of connector in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.