- Last month's hike is the first following five consecutive months of falling rates.
- Economists said this ninth consecutive rise would be followed by further increases in the months ahead.
- He followed up with three consecutive Championship wins and was runner-up three times in succession.
- You can also look for sequences of consecutive primes in arithmetic progression.
- A quantitative comparison of the flickers observed in the two consecutive image sequences was performed.
- A Terz is a sequence of three consecutive cards; it is worth 20 points.
- In its role as a consecutive connector and as a punctuation marker, it corresponds to other markers in English than well or cos, eg. then or therefore.
- The consecutive connector can be omitted.
- Consecutive adverbial subordinate sentences are those that express a consequence of what the main clause says.
- Since a majority of Dixieland numbers have long chains of secondary dominants you end up using the following scale respectively over each consecutive chord.
- For this particular pattern there is a classical fingering pattern which is repeated over each consecutive octave.
- As the player went higher, more notes were available in each consecutive octave.
- Example sentences
- And the link has a social character; it is not mere consecutiveness in time, but a context of interaction.
- In the first stages of life the mind is frivolous and easily distracted, it misses progress by failing in consecutiveness and persistence.
- Nearly all of the thefts have been trivial, but the consecutiveness of the attempts at burglary has put the residents on the alert.
Early 17th century: from French consécutif, -ive, from medieval Latin consecutivus, from Latin consecut- 'followed closely', from the verb consequi.
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.