- 1Relating to or involving consent, especially mutual consent: he admitted to having consensual sex with two womenMore example sentences
- I have to admit, I feel the same way about pretty much every consensual sexual activity.
- This general pattern has been referred to as sexual compliance or consensual unwanted sex.
- It follows from this that even consensual sexual activity between 15-year-olds will be criminal in the eyes of the law.
- More example sentences
- Why would they risk civil war if they can consensually govern?
- It makes the price of music a political issue, rather than something to be worked out consensually between buyers and sellers.
- That is also one factor why youngsters enter into such relationships consensually.
mid 18th century: from Latin consensus 'agreement' (from consens- 'felt together, agreed', from the verb consentire) + -al.
More definitions of consensualDefinition of consensual in:
- The British & World English dictionary