- A sequence of DNA having similar structure and function in different organisms.More example sentences
- For each gene, a consensus sequence was generated and compared to each individual sequence, excluding indels and/or missing data.
- Asterisks indicate nucleotide sites in accordance with the consensus sequence of group I introns shown at the bottom.
- In the aligned sequences below, nucleotides identical to the consensus sequence are indicated by periods.
More definitions of consensus sequenceDefinition of consensus sequence in:
- The British & World English dictionary