1Following as a result or effect: labor shortages would be created with a consequent increase in wages
More example sentences
- Rising house prices and rising interest rates have resulted in a squeeze on first time buyers with consequent effects on recruitment and retention in key public services.
- The film also focuses on the scars left on the river as a result of indiscriminate sand mining and the consequent effect on flora and fauna.
- As a result, effects in one domain generate consequent effects in the other domains.
1.1 Geology (Of a stream or valley) having a direction or character determined by the original slope of the land before erosion.
- In technical terms the Colorado River is antecedent to the Edwards Plateau and consequent to the Coastal Plain.
- Most of the streams normally follow the continental slope toward the sea across the various provinces and are of the kind called consequent streams.
- Radial consequent streams cut deep canyons into the flanks of the extinct shield volcano, and these canyons are opened out into deep, steep-walled amphitheaters.
1.1 Logic The second part of a conditional proposition, whose truth is stated to be conditional upon that of the antecedent.
- The antecedents and consequents of conditionals must be complete sentences.
- If the antecedent is more true than the consequent, then the conditional is less than the maximal truth by the difference between their values.
- But every complete sentence can be used without expressing a judgement, for instance as the antecedent or consequent of a conditional.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.