- another term for conservatory ( sense 1).More example sentences
- Between them, music schools and conservatoires have 200,000 students.
- Having avoided the conventional musical education of the conservatoire, he was able to bypass the normal paths of French music of the 1860s, and to explore a new harmonic idiom and especially a novel way of writing for the piano.
- This contains some swingeing comments on the status of music in our modern society and the methods of musical upbringing in some conservatoires, which exalt mechanical accomplishment above enquiring mindset.
More definitions of conservatoireDefinition of conservatoire in:
- The British & World English dictionary