Definition of consortium in English:
noun (plural consortia-tēə-SH(ē)ə or consortiums)
1An association, typically of several business companies.
- It would move the commissioning of care to local authorities, giving democratic control of the health service to locally elected people, with council consortiums commissioning more complex services.
- Examples of hybrid organizations include joint ventures and consortia that maximize resources, particularly information exchange between organizations.
- This would create opportunities for Irish syndicates and consortiums.
2 Law The right of association and companionship with one’s husband or wife.
- I though I read that the cause of action was for some form of loss of consortium - of the husband, that is.
- The action for loss of consortium in a sense would become irrelevant so far as concerns husbands and wives.
- The jury also made an award to him for loss of consortium.
Words that rhyme with consortiumByzantium • strontium
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.