Definition of constancy in English:
1The quality of being faithful and dependable.
- Faithfulness, dedication, constancy and humility are some of the virtues needed to pray well.
- Yet, despite such constancy and faithfulness on God's part, humanity has not responded with the same love toward him.
- I've learned that it's unwise to depend entirely upon the constancy of man.
1.1The quality of being enduring and unchanging: the trade winds are noted for constancy in speed and direction
More example sentences
- Given the assumed constancy of the speed of light, the calculations required to show that result are quite simple.
- Traditionally associated with durability and constancy, here the vivid green pre-patinated copper is intended to make a bolder statement.
- The theory of relativity hinges on the constancy of the speed of light.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.