Definition of constancy in English:
1The quality of being faithful and dependable.
- Faithfulness, dedication, constancy and humility are some of the virtues needed to pray well.
- Yet, despite such constancy and faithfulness on God's part, humanity has not responded with the same love toward him.
- I've learned that it's unwise to depend entirely upon the constancy of man.
1.1The quality of being enduring and unchanging: the trade winds are noted for constancy in speed and direction
More example sentences
- Given the assumed constancy of the speed of light, the calculations required to show that result are quite simple.
- Traditionally associated with durability and constancy, here the vivid green pre-patinated copper is intended to make a bolder statement.
- The theory of relativity hinges on the constancy of the speed of light.
Words that rhyme with constancyhesitancy • apostasy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.