Definition of constipation in English:
1A condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened feces.
- Other commonly associated symptoms include nausea, vomiting, and constipation or diarrhea.
- It isn't a disease but may be a symptom of severe constipation or emotional difficulties related to stool holding.
- The drug should not be used by patients who are currently constipated or whose main bowel symptom is constipation.
1.1A high level of constraint or restriction; a pronounced lack of ease: literary constipation
More example sentences
- The result has been a form of social constipation, a culture of non-performance in regard to expeditious implementation.
- Wales's gregariousness is real enough, but so is the chronic social constipation of its governing classes in which everyone knows everyone else.
- I'm having Creative Constipation.
Definition of constipation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan