Definition of constipation in English:
1A condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened feces.
- Other commonly associated symptoms include nausea, vomiting, and constipation or diarrhea.
- It isn't a disease but may be a symptom of severe constipation or emotional difficulties related to stool holding.
- The drug should not be used by patients who are currently constipated or whose main bowel symptom is constipation.
1.1A high level of constraint or restriction; a pronounced lack of ease: literary constipation
More example sentences
- The result has been a form of social constipation, a culture of non-performance in regard to expeditious implementation.
- Wales's gregariousness is real enough, but so is the chronic social constipation of its governing classes in which everyone knows everyone else.
- I'm having Creative Constipation.
Definition of constipation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.