- 1Constitutional government.More example sentences
- The split will be between the two philosophies of big government statism and small government constitutionalism.
- Put positively, at the top now was not the emancipation of the working class or even the liberation of third world peoples from imperialism, but rather democracy, due process, constitutionalism, and human rights.
- It has no necessary connection with democratic government or constitutionalism, however.
- 1.1Adherence to a system of constitutional government.More example sentences
- It is basically an issue of constitutionalism.
- This is the fundamental practical question of all constitutionalism.
- Where is the proper observance of constitutionalism in that?
- More example sentences
- One means - not persuasive to a strict constitutionalist - of checking government is the existence of a competitive party system in which the main opposition party has a realistic prospect of displacing the government.
- And although American and British ideas of constitutional government dominated the first stage of the French Revolution, the constitutionalists were soon swept aside by the dictatorship of the Jacobin club.
- He is regarded as a solid thinker, someone of a likable disposition, and a good constitutionalist.
More definitions of constitutionalismDefinition of constitutionalism in:
- The British & World English dictionary