Definition of constitutionalism in English:
- The split will be between the two philosophies of big government statism and small government constitutionalism.
- Put positively, at the top now was not the emancipation of the working class or even the liberation of third world peoples from imperialism, but rather democracy, due process, constitutionalism, and human rights.
- It has no necessary connection with democratic government or constitutionalism, however.
- Example sentences
- One means - not persuasive to a strict constitutionalist - of checking government is the existence of a competitive party system in which the main opposition party has a realistic prospect of displacing the government.
- And although American and British ideas of constitutional government dominated the first stage of the French Revolution, the constitutionalists were soon swept aside by the dictatorship of the Jacobin club.
- He is regarded as a solid thinker, someone of a likable disposition, and a good constitutionalist.
Definition of constitutionalism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.