noun (plural consuls general)
- A consul of the highest status, stationed in a major city and supervising other consuls in the district.More example sentences
- The acting consul general in Miami is also co-ordinating with the consuls general of other Caricom countries to obtain information about Caribbean nationals, it added.
- In March 1963 a note from the US consul general in Georgetown, Everett Melby, confirms the agreement between the US and Britain.
- He obtained a new passport from the British consul general's office in Amsterdam by saying he had got drunk and accidentally put his old one in the washing machine.
More definitions of consul generalDefinition of consul general in:
- The British & World English dictionary