Definition of consuming in English:
(Of a feeling) completely filling one’s mind and attention; absorbing: a consuming passion
More example sentences
- As a child, little secrets can seem like all consuming mountains.
- A more novel sentiment is my lack of consuming gloom at the prospect of the Tories back in power.
- De Valera need never again appeal to America for assistance in his mad ambition to satisfy his consuming vanity.
- Example sentences
- He says Clinton did make terrorism a top priority, and it's clear that Clinton's national security cabinet was deeply, even consumingly, engaged in the problem.
- Most of my time was spent out in the open without shelter, either getting rained on, or being broiled like an Arcturian lobster under the wretchedly dry and consumingly vast summer sun of the awesomely desert planet Tory's war zones.
- Maria Shivute got so consumingly overwhelmed by the announcement that during that walking moment, which lasted no longer than one minute, she slipped into the world of her own, which can be likened to a coma.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan