- Metamorphism due to contact with or proximity to an igneous intrusion.More example sentences
- The mineralogical and textural alteration in the country rocks resulting from this heating by igneous bodies is called contact metamorphism.
- But the effects of contact metamorphism on its engineering geological properties, have been studied only in this work.
- As there is no sign of contact metamorphism in the limestones, we interpret this to be a normal fault.
More definitions of contact metamorphismDefinition of contact metamorphism in:
- The British & World English dictionary