Definition of contact print in English:
A photographic print made by placing a negative directly onto sensitized paper, glass, or film and illuminating it.
- There is nothing in photography quite as beautiful and glowing as a large-format contact print on special contact print paper.
- For the connoisseur, a contact print, the result of printing the negative directly onto photographic paper, achieves what many consider the ultimate in a photographic print.
- The work is a contact print whose central off-square image resulted from placing six contiguous negative strips, cut from a single roll of unexposed film, upon a sheet of photosensitive paper.
verb(contact-print) [with object] Back to top
Make a contact print from (a negative).
- Smith shoots the old photos with high-contrast film to make an enlarged and grainy negative that is contact-printed onto watercolor paper coated with gelatin and a light-sensitive solution.
- Another modification in the lesson is to contact-print an X-ray, process and dry the print, and then contact-print that with another sheet of photo paper.
- I could probably get all the equipment I'd need to develop and contact print the results, too, by scouring the local junk shops.
Definition of contact print in:
- British & World English dictionary