noun (plural contadini /-ˈdēnē/ or contadinos)
- An Italian peasant or rustic.More example sentences
- Both in their seventies, they are contadini - peasant farmers - who have suffered from the recession in farming but who are making the best of what they have.
- Dusty roads, terracotta roofs, gap-toothed contadini; in reality it looks just as it does in the brochures.
- Of course these southern workers, or contadini, have no idea that the simple food they will eat has inspired these two women for decades.
Italian, from contado, denoting the peasant population around a city.
More definitions of contadinoDefinition of contadino in:
- The British & World English dictionary