- A port that specializes in handling goods transported in containers.More example sentences
- The port is a container port to offload freight from ships too big to navigate the canal.
- Felixstowe in Suffolk had become a specialist container port with excellent road links.
- The Bathside Bay development centres on a new container port at Harwich, adjacent to the existing roll-on-roll-off port, which will have a capacity of 1.7 million containers each year.
More definitions of container portDefinition of container port in:
- The British & World English dictionary