Definition of contemptible in English:
Deserving contempt; despicable: a display of contemptible cowardice
More example sentences
- It is not possible to treat others with respect when we act in a way that says that who they are or what they believe makes them worthless or contemptible as human beings.
- Either way, the two men represent all that is vile and contemptible about American politics.
- Alas there is no reason why the most odious, contemptible people might not be able to make the sweetest, most wonderful creations.
- Example sentences
- She is therefore a victim and thereby relieved of much of her class guilt and no longer hateful, although still contemptibly repressed like all the other toffs.
- But I have to ask, who the hell would ever utter such stupid, contemptibly moronic assertions?
- Even the British social history volumes have declared that we have been treated shamefully and contemptibly.